Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Candle Spell

Like so may spells that I have copied from other sources, I don't remember where this came from. I'm pretty sure it's from one of Llewellyn's Spell a Day Almanacs, but I'm not sure which one. This could easily be adapted if you're in a different country. Just use your own national colors and change around the wording to make it appropriate. As you can probably tell, you just set up your three candles, in this case red, white, and blue, and then recite the prayer as you light each one.

Oh candle of white
I give you flame.
Your light is that of truth and purity.
As you burn, give clarity to our leaders
so that they will know the right path to take.
And to those who face conflict ahead
Give spiritual strength, a beacon to light the way.

Oh candle of red
I give you flame.
Your light is that of strength and courage.
A symbol of war, of blood and passion.
Bless us with the power to face evil
Without allowing evil to overcome and possess us.

Oh candle of blue
I give you flame.
Your light is that of peace and tranquility,
Guide us so that our actions will lead to
peace for all those who desire it,
and the Earth will be safe for all its children.

No comments:

Post a Comment